1. Save your list on Excel (.xls file)
2. Once in Autopilot click on Message Centre,
3. Click on Sub Tab View Lists
4. Decide which distribution list you wish to import your contacts into and click on the import icon in the same row as your list. (Icon with green arrow entering spreadsheet)
5. Click on Choose File, find your Excel file on your computer and click Import
6. In this step, you will need to identify what each column represents. Choose from each drop down selection, i.e. the First name column, last name column, etc. For those columns, you do not wish to import, leave them as N/A.
7. Next, let the software know whether you want to import all existing entries or just add anything that has been updated or changed, to avoid any duplicates
8. Last step is for CASL (Canadian Anti Spam Legislation) This box defaults to checked and if left checked an automated email will go out to every contact asking them for their consent.
Your contacts will now be imported to the list that you chose
If you want to copy these clients to another list also like the weekly rate minder you:
- Go to Message Centre
- Click on organizer
- Go to the drop down box below source list and highlight the list you want to copy from
- Go to the drop down box below destination list and highlight the list you want to copy to
- Go back to the source list and highlight everyone you want to copy over
- Click on copy
- Click on save.
Your clients will now be copied into the other list also.
If you do not have your clients on a list they can be added in manually:
- Log into your Autopilot Media
- Click on Message Centre
- Click on the list you want to add to
- Click on add entries
- You can now key in the email address, first name and last name. You can do 10 at a time.
- Click on add and you clients will now be in that list.
Article is closed for comments.