Rackspace e-mail uses many best practices and top industry techniques to block spam e-mails from known disreputable sources. However, in some cases spam messages may be delivered to your inbox. Alternatively, non-spam messages you may want to receive can occasionally be delivered to the spam folder. You can customize your spam filtering settings and level of filtering within webmail.
How to Blacklist E-mails & Domains:
- Access your Rackspace account via webmail by clicking here.
- Fill in your e-mail address and password, then click the "Login" button.
- In the upper right corner, look for a nondescript icon of three horizontal lines. Click on it and select "Settings".
- On the left-hand side click on "Spam Settings". You’ll see a window like the one below:
- Click on "Blacklist".
- Click the "Add" button.
- In the window that appears, type in an e-mail address (such as email@example.com) or a domain name (such as somecompany.com).
- You’d enter a domain name if you want to block e-mail from all addresses at somecompany.com to always be delivered to your Spam.
- Click the "Save" button.
- In the upper right corner, click on the nondescript icon of three horizontal lines and select "Logout".
How to Whitelist E-mails & Domains:
If a legitimate e-mail from a friend or colleague is appearing in your Spam folder, it is a good idea to add that individual to your Rackspace’s Safelist.
A Safelist is sometimes called a "whitelist" and is the opposite of a blacklist. E-mails from people listed here are considered trusted and will be delivered to your Inbox. If you add an e-mail address or domain name to the safelist tab then all the e-mails from those addresses will always be put into your Inbox folder and these senders would bypass the filters.
Please Note: As a general rule of thumb, we do not recommend using Safelists as the spoofed e-mails for those safe listed accounts could also get into your Inbox.